the YE facilitators of the YOUTH MINISTRY of the DIOCESE OF TALIBON

with kuya WIMBAM & kuya MIKE and kuya Erick, kuya Marvin & kuya Marjon

The Youth In The Church

The Second Plenary Council of the Philippines declared that the "youth ministry should be assured of the fullest attention and highest priority in every way by all in the Church" (Art. 50, No. 2).

Welcome to the Family

Welcome to the Youth Encounter, or as we usually call it the YE. this program is meant for young people, and for those who work among the young, or the so called "youth ministers"

We refer to it as the Virac Model coz this program started in Virac, Catanduanes, way back in 1971. It was started by Fr. Ping Molina, a diocesan priest who work with the young people. He was with the full support by his own bishop, Msgr. Jose Sorra, who was the 1st bishop-chairman of ECY.


Saturday, November 22, 2008

an exercise of affirmation


I AM _______. Simple and to the point, this fill-in-the-blank exercise helps me focus on what I need to be or do, what I have to be or do. It’s an exercise of affirmation, one that encourages me to push myself more and be happy with myself.

How does this go? Fill the blank with a positive trait or characteristic you want to possess. For example, when in a situation that requires you to relax (think panic moments before an exam), try saying the line “I am calm” over and over in your head. The more you say it, the calmer you will be. It’s all about claiming the feeling and owning it.


The “I am ___” line also works when you need to finish a task. Try it when you’re feeling lazy to clean your home. Repeat “I am decluttering the living room” in your head or out loud, and this can help bring you to action.


The “I am ___” lines I use most often are “I am calm” and “I am focused.” The first line helps me a lot before a presentation, a time when the butterflies in my stomach are flying wildly around. The second line helps me when I’m getting overwhelmed with work.


Try the exercise for yourself. I hope it helps you get centered and accomplish what you’re set out to do.

No comments: